Utada stinks up the joint on The early morning show

Hikaru Utada made an appearance on The early morning show and... well. I'll let you watch for yourselves and share your thoughts...



Some of you thought her last performance of "Come back to me" was bad. It wasn't at all. THIS right here was BAD! I cringed when I watched it. I couldn't even watch the whole thing because her off vocals were making my ears ring. Awful. One of the worst Hikaru Utada performances I've seen. Her performance of "Merry Christmas - FYI" was better, but not much so. If I'd heard this performance of "Merry Christmas - FYI" before hearing the album version, I wouldn't have thought much of the song. She ruined the entire thing. She was trying to hard to sing and projecting too much, and stripped away the laid back feel of the song completely.

The performances were not a good showcase of her or her music at all. Yeah, it was early in the morning and her voice was hoarse and shit. But after 10 years you'd think she'd be up on this by now and have methods for prepping herself for the early mornings. Drink some honey and lemon to help the voice, have something to eat to get the energy levels up, have a shower with tea tree shower gel. Something! This is not acceptable.

I also wasn't feeling that shapeless shit she was wearing. The purple and the yellow just made her legs look really pale. And she could've at least worn some purple or yellow pumps to match. C'mon Hikaru, fix up!

Comments

  1. I'm not a fan of that performance either. In fact I never seem too fondly of her TV performances, I seem to prefer her live gig sessions (Utada United, Budokan 2004, etc) or her secluded performances (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RefdhRjRSM&feature=channel_page and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1dmWX4LK4M).

    Where is your 'This is the One' review by the way? I've done mine, now I wanna read yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thank you for your report. I'm Japanese and Big Hikki fan! I almost agree to your opinion. After hurting the throat in Utada United tour 2006, her performance has little good thing. I worry about her in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random J said "THIS right here was BAD! I cringed when I watched it. I couldn't even watch the whole thing because her off vocals were making my ears ring. Awful."

    Sad but true. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't give her a second listen. What is there to say, she's got to get it together. She should be sounding her best not her worst right now.

    A question Random J, will this have any effect on your future marriage plans, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed