New music: Ginuwine featuring Timbaland & Missy Elliott - Get involved

New music: Ginuwine featuring Timbaland & Missy Elliott - Get involved
I know this is a moment many Ginuwine fans have been waiting for: The re-uniting of Timbaland and Ginuwine. But I strongly believe this probably wasn't the musical re-union many were hoping for..

Listen: Get involved

A man's thoughts
© 2009 Notifi records / Warner bros. records, Warner music group

Original Timbo, Missy and Ginuwine fans must be disgusted. Because I know I am.

I can't believe this is what Ginuwine's been reduced to. The song is awful. I can't believe the trio that brought us the forever bangin' "I'll do anything / I'm sorry" is responsible for this tripe. There was actually a time when any combination of Tim, Missy and Ginuwine could do no wrong. But that ship seems to have sailed and hit an iceberg.

Elgin Lumpkin needs to consider:
a) Becoming a spokesperson for S-Curl and offer door to door texturizing, or
b) Becoming a stripper
Because he's running his own music career into the ground. Getting with Timbaland as his sound is now was the worst thing he could've done; because Tim's sound is a random mess right now. And Missy is clearly going through some kind of creative block herself.

I think it's all a shame considering Ginuwine has talent. I'm thankful he and Tim left behind the legacy of The bachelor and 100% Ginuwine. "Pony", "I'll do anything / I'm sorry" and "What's so different?" will never EVER get old for me.

The saddest thing is, that "Get involved" will probably end up being Ginuwine's biggest hit in years. It doesn't deserve to be though, because the song is trash.

I will be checking out Ginuwine's latest when it drops though, because it's set to feature a song with Brandy, and I can't WAIT to hear it.

Thanks again to Buddha for the scoop on this song. Not sure why I'm thanking him though - subjecting me to this bullshit.

1 comment:

  1. LOL

    I don't think it's that bad (but I stan for Ginuwine) but yeah, his joint with Brandy is going to be hot. There was a LQ snippet floating around the internet a while back.


HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed