New music: Jay-Z - Off that & Reminder

New music: Jay-Z - Off that & Reminder
It's been a while, but Tim and Jigga-man are back together for Jay-Z's 11th studio album The Blueprint 3. I was never majorly excited, because Timbo's sound has been an inconsistent downward spiral of a mess for the past year, all the while other producers are stepping their game up. I can't resist Jay-Z. He's one of the few rappers whose albums I buy. And I still have love for Timbaland, so...

Listen: Off that (featuring Drake)








Listen: Reminder







The Blueprint 3
© 2009 Roc nation / Atlantic recording corporation, a Warner music group company

"Off that" isn't on a level with Timbo's previous offerings to Hova. But the beat is hot, and the song is catchy. I was under the impression Timbo was getting his groove back until I heard "Reminder" though. The beat doesn't knock all that hard and lacks that Timbo dirtiness. But the song grows on me with each listen and Jay manages to hold my interest as he always does with his ridiculous word play. As soon as he opened the song, he pretty much owned the whole thing. If "Reminder"'s beat had gone to anybody else, I probably wouldn't have liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed