New music: Alphabeat - The spell

New music: Alphabeat - The spell
First Alphabeats went all 80's on us, now they're going early 90's! I've been bouncing to this over the past half an hour. The song is bloody infectious, as Alphabeat's stuff tends to be.

Listen: The spell







The spell
© 2009 Copenhagen records / Polydor records

On about the fifth listen I suddenly thought "This sounds like something Hikaru Utada would do!" She would amazing on this song. The more I think about it, the more I really want to hear her do this song and lace it with her signature wails and harmonies. Even though she never will.

If this is a sign of what to expect from Alphabeat's second album, then I may have to check it out. Certainly wouldn't hurt. I didn't think their debut was bad. I was all over "Boyfriend" and "Touch me touching you".

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed