New music: Ke$ha - Never know about love (Trashy boy)

New music: Ke$ha - Never know about love (Trashy boy)
That chick that everybody thought was black because of Flo'Rida's "Round round" music video is on the up and coming to launch a solo career, and this is one of her songs. It certainly is different. The song sounds like a cat being raped by a Fox on an electric guitar with feedback initially, but it does play out into normality and rhythm eventually.

Listen: Never know about love (Trashy boy)

Ke$ha's debut album
© 2009 RCA records, Sony BMG music entertainment Inc.

I thought this was complete rubbish when I first heard it. But it soon grew on me. It reminds me of that whole vibe that chicks like Santogold and M.I.A are on: Messed up shit that doesn't work, but some how manages to because it's so different and has so much unapologetic swagger going on within it. I particularly like the end where the song progressively goes up in key and pitch. So silly and weird but hot. Ke$ha's stint with Flo'rida's songs did f**k all for me, but I will check her out based on this song.

Ke$ha is currently working on her debut album with Max Martin, Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco (of Kelly Clarkson "Since U been gone" and Britney Spears "Circus" fame). Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco also produced Flo'Rida's "Right round" and (the so hot on a non-pop level that I can't believe Dr. Luke was responsible for it) "Touch me" - 2 songs Ke$ha featured on for his R.O.O.T.S album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed