New music: Usher - Stay down

New music: Usher - Stay down
Usher's been working with many a producer for his Raymond vs. Raymond album and Danja is one of 'em. Many went crazy over "Appetite" from Here I stand. But I didn't think the song was all that great. "Stay down" on the other hand...

Listen: Stay down







Raymond vs. Raymond
© 2009 LaFace, Zomba music group, Sony BMG entertainment

Sometimes I listen to this and think it would make a hot single. And other times I'm not sure. It is a really hot song. I like it a lot. The beat knocks nicely, and it'd do well in the clubs. But losing that annoying ♪ All my ladies say haaaaa! ♪ from some dude that clearly isn't Usher, re-working the bridge section and throwing in a verse from a hot rapper would make this song better. It'll be interesting to hear if Danja makes any changes to the song when Raymond vs. Raymond drops, and if it ends up on the final track list at all. It should do. "Stay down" is one of the hottest leaks I've heard from Usher since "Rockband" and "Daddy's home".

6 comments:

  1. But losing that annoying ♪ All my ladies say haaaaa! ♪ from some dude that clearly isn't Usher, re-working the bridge section and throwing in a verse from a hot rapper would make this song better.

    I think a Random J remix is in order. And we allllready know who the hot rapper could be:

    BLACK MACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm STILL waiting on "Get back in the kitchen" to drop! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not serious... You remember that!? *LOL*

    I'm still waiting on "Smack that b***h" myself ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I fast forwarded to that part of RR#4 all the time. Shit had me ROLLIN'!

    "Yo bitch! Get back in tha kitchen! Cookin' muh beef, girl I said I wanted chicken!"

    Or something like that. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's Danja at the beginning and end of the track.

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed