New music: 2NE1 - Try to copy me

New music: 2NE1 - Try to copy me
The 2NE1 girls and Teddy Park are at it again. Another swaggered out song with 808 hand claps and, yep you guessed it: Auto-tune. Songs don't leave Korean studios without it these days. Give it another 6 months and Korea's national anthem will be revised to include it.

Listen: Try to copy me

Try to copy me [Digital single]
© 2010 YG entertainment

This song sounds like a Timbaland produced song. But I cannot remember for the life of me which one. It definitely sounds like something I've heard before. The Forehead's "Lemme get that" perhaps? Oh, I dunno.

Songs like this aren't the best showcase for 2NE1 collectively, because they push Dara and Bom right into the background. You have to have serious vocal swagger to put it down on song with strong Ragga and Danchall overtones. CL has it. Minzy has it. Bom and Dara? They ain't got it. I could barley tell they were even on the song.

I'm not overly keen on this. It's too boring and monotonous. It doesn't have shit on "Fire" or CL and Minzy's joint.


  1. It kind of reminds me of "Get Your Freak On" by Missy Elliott >.>

  2. i'm getting some m.i.a. "galang" vibes from it...


HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed