New music: MiChi - All about the girls ~Iijyanka party people~

New music: MiChi - All about the girls ~いいじゃんか party people~
My favourite UK born J-chick is back with a brand new single! Those of you who remember the most annoying songs of the past 10 years or so may recognize the sample used in this song...

Listen: All about the girls ~Iijyanka party people~

All about the girls ~Iijyanka party people~ / Together again | Single
© 2010 Sony music entertainment Japan

I love the mad mix of 80's and 90's pop. As is always the case with MiChi's songs, the chorus is where it all sets off nicely, and the song really gets sold. And I am in love with the ravey breakdown too. Made me wanna dance around something shiny like I'm on drugs. I absolutely hated the "Scatman (Ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)" song. But the use of it in this song works pretty nicely. I always like how MiChi throws in cool little samples into her songs.

MiChi really isn't switching her style up much with these new singles. "Dance dance" sounded like Up to you's "Change the world" and "All about the girls" sounds like "Shibuya de punch". But the song is still fire.

It's looking every bit likely that MiChi will drop her second studio album this year. Give her another 2 to 3 single releases, and I'm sure we'll hear news of it not long after.

Give it a read: Up to you album review

2 comments:

  1. Me too Elvi, me too!! I've had this on repeat for days now! :D

    I cannot WAIT for a new MiChi album. I loved her debut to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed