Bonus material: The Dream - One in a million

Bonus material: The Dream - One in a million
When I heard The Dream had covered Aaliyah's "One in a million", I thought it was a joke. That I'd press play on the song, and it'd be some other song. But no. The Dream actually went and covered an Aaliyah classic.

Listen: One in a million







© 2010, 2004 Atlantic recording corporation, a Warner music group company

I know Aaliyah is tired from spinning in her grave to the heap of crap Timbaland has been producing since she died. But baby girl must be been spinnin' like a 20 inch rim going 90 on the free way to this.

The Dream clearly loves the triple R&B threat that was Aaliyah, Tim and Missy if his work on Ciara's "Ciara to the stage", "Like a surgeon" and "I run it" is anything to go by. So I guess it was only a matter of time before he covered an Aaliyah joint. I want to ask that a n***a gets shot for this. But if I'm being really really honest, The Dream doesn't sound THAT bad by his weak ass vocal standards and his cover isn't that terrible. Well...until you play the original and recall just how bad ass "One in a million" was / still is. The thought of him even thinking he could cover the song well makes his rendition worse than it actually is. But he still should have left it alone.

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs ever!

    One big UGH to this non-singing ass hack even thinking he can cover this song. His vocals during the bridge literally made me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to listen to the original STRAIGHT after to cleanse the fail this n***a had the nerve to bring to my table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha just read your comments and before I even got to them I put the original on lmao
    I was never even an aaliyah fan (busy with the spice girls at the time >_< lol) but I used to listen to her if she came on and I really liked her songs.
    She was the only good thing about the "Queen of the damned" film too. His cover was "ok" but the whole time i was listening to him I was thinking of Aaliyah :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Gasps* STONE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget the stones! N***a should be shot for this. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, no, no stop right there young man. Just stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ J! But yeah I listened to the original all evening to try and cleanse my ears from this bafoonery :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMFAO!!! OMG!!! SO WEAK!! EPIC FAIL WITH THIS ONE. sounds like one of those demos that people at home do. baby girl, im sorry for him f-ing up your jam like that. wish you were here. from the bottom of my heart im sorry. rip aaliyah.

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed