New music: Ameriie - Outside your body


Ameriie implored that her next release which be heavily influenced by Pop, rave, techno and new rave. And lead single from her album Cymatika vol. 1 gives us a taste of what to expect from the upcoming set. Whilst Ameriie has ditched her old trademark sound for this song, it's still Ameriie and feels as though it's in the vein of something she'd do eventually. The song samples's Midnight star's 80's hit (their only hit) "Operator" and builds a shit load of electro around it.

Listen: Outside your body

Cymatika vol. 1
© 2010 The Island Def Jam music group, a Universal music group

I'm probably a man alone on an island on this one, but I like this song. The song doesn't pop as much as it should so, the chorus should be bigger and be riddled with those catchy Amerie ad-libs she became synonymous for as a result of "1 thing". But I like the vibe. It's very Japanesey. And I love how Ameriie drops lines of Korean during the hook.

If Ameriie's people know what's good for her, they'll have her take this shit to Korea and Japan during her promotional trails.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know why Amerie (did she add another I to her name?) hasn't taken her act to Asia already, like Mya. It's surprisingly a lot easier for American acts over there than it is here.

    What's with that blonde hair (why did Amerie have to go the Katharine McPhee/Keri Hilson route!?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see this song working for her if she builds other songs around it... and creates a themed album. I'd add that to my favorites list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, girl's, er, rocking the Sarah Beeny look now? Adding to the extra i to the name, she looks like she doesn't know where she's going with her career. I can hardly blame her, after her last two albums - and they were full of hot tracks - just completely flopped. Hey, can't blame a girl for trying.

    I like the song but I don't love it. Amerie knows how to kill a tune, so I only hope she surprises me and knocks another album out the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to everything you said Tom! :)

    I'm still pissed at how "Crush" wasn't made a proper single from Because I love it. And "Higher" nor "Dangerous" weren't made singles from In love & war.

    But "Crush"...

    That song was perfection! I cannot believe a record exec let that one fall by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Higher especially was fantastic. One of her best vocals yet.

    Check out http://ohamerie.com/ , latest updates show she's back to her black hairstyle. I don't know about outside your body but Amerie was outside her mind with that blonde with dark roots look. Now, just to get rid of that ridiculous extra i...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hair looks deadful. She a very pretty girl, why oh why did she ruin her looks. It's not even a good dye job.

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed