New music: Namie Amuro - Go round

Namie Amuro - Go round | New music

I've not been wonderfully impressed by Namiserable's string of singles. The only one I wholeheartedly liked is "Naked" and it took for Namie to shut my whole world down with that video for me to like it, because I sure as hell wasn't checking for that song before.

"Go round" bucks this mediocre trend nicely. I was ready to give up on this sour faced woman after she dropped that dog song. It's still not that immediate fire I grew accustomed to from Namie throughout her Queen of hip pop, Play and Best fiction era's. But I do like it. I dig the 80's vibe. I think this will be a grower for sure.

It's nice to hear Namie just sing without shit loads of effects on her vocals. I do like me some auto-tuned, filtered and chopped to shit Namie. But it has been overkill on some of her songs lately. As with the dog song B-side "Higher", it's a nice bit of re-affirmation that despite such a busy and polished piece of music, that Namie can still hold her own vocally. She's no power house and her voice is as thin as as Sooyoung stood sideways. But she manages to hold it down. Somehow.

If Namie shoots a really strong video to this, then I'll be all over this. "Go round" has potential. Still not hyped for her upcoming album though. It's just going to be 9 tracks of weak singles and filler.

Listen: Go round

Go round / Yeah-oh
© 2012 Avex trax

7 comments:

  1. "...her voice is as thin as Sooyoung stood sideways"

    ...just kill a bitch now 'cos I'm done.

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Still not hyped for her upcoming album though. It's just going to be 9 tracks of weak singles and filler."

    ^ *nods head in agreement*

    This whole "era" of hers just seems so damn lackluster and yet the Japanese just eat this shit up regardless. I adored her last studio album "Past<Future" but unfortunately I can't see myself purchasing her next one. If she gets rid of half of her current a-sides and adds some amazing tracks then I'll reconsider.

    The only song Namie has released in the last 2 years that I actually like is "Higher" and it's a b-side. That song is fire. Everything else is garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've recently know about this large foreheaded lady and i really liked Break it, Black Diamond, Naked, S!S!W!D! and Higher. I found her voice unique, and her dancing routines are amazing, specially the one for ”Unusual” in her concert. It seems i will be more pleased with her so called ”gold era”(?), what songs should i pay attention to?

    Go Round sounds very like those previous ones, putting all of them in an album would sound very cohesive, i'm looking forward to that album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMar 1, 2012 05:28 PM

    "The only song Namie has released in the last 2 years that I actually like is "Higher" and it's a b-side. That song is fire. Everything else is garbage."

    Yup, I agree. This new song is kind of generic imo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what else? She looks like she has a stomach ache or something in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havn't been into any of the singles for this album really but this single is pretty cool.
    It reminds me of Iconiq for some reason O_o she better make a hot video though because i havn't liked any of them for a while, not even talk about those "Checkmate" video messes lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, the video is out now!! I can`t wait to read your review :p

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed