I was gone!! Miss me? No?! F**k yo' lives.

Helloooo my Random J pop skank lovelies!!

All 3 of you who bother to check this blog may have noticed the glaring lack of activity for the past 2 weeks. This was because I was away on holiday...IN JAPAN!! Yasss!! F**k all your lives!

I didn't have enough time to do a quick post before I actually left the UK and inform you that I'd be away on holiday. I had it all planned out, that I'd get you guys to be a part of my holiday somehow. Asking those of you who haven't been to Japan what music related stuff you'd like to see and have me snap and comment on. I was gonna pick up CD's and do a giveaway and all that shit. It was going to be amazing. It didn't happen.

I figured given that Japan isn't a third world and they be all about technology that I'd be able to find an Internet cafe and jack into some WiFi via my phone - no problem. N***a please. How wrong was I!? The first hotel I was staying at had WiFi I could only access it if I sat on the stairs in the hallway. Despite everywhere having a WiFi signal, you needed a SoftBank account to access 90% of them, meaning I was unable to tweet on the go as much as I would have liked or use Google maps to find places. And every Internet cafe I'd found was asking for stupid first time use charges before giving up the good-good 100 yen for your own cubicle, refillable drinks flat recline chairs and all the Internet your fingers and hand can take. So my whole Random J Pop in Japan master plan fell to pieces like Ayumi Hamasaki's album sales. But I still had an amazing time and am already plotting my return (third time) back to JPN.

I'm still somewhat out of the loop on stuff. The only active shit I was able to see in Japan related to music was AKB48 1830m related. With the amount of promo those tricks do and how every Pachinko parlour, billboard, train station poster and drinks machine has their faces on it, I wonder how anybody else manages to sell a record in Japan when these girls have a release on the way.

I'll be using the week to just veg on the Internet and be a hot mess until it's time for me to return to work on Tuesday. I'll slowly be posting stuff and getting back into the swing of things in between fighting off jet lag and wishing I was still in Japan.

Comments

  1. Hey, hope you had an awesome time in Japan!! I love reading your blog and it gives me a good laugh as your so correct on all your comments!! I've been to Japan quite a few times on holiday and ditto on the internet thing - I mean wtf! Look forward to your new posts and hope your post Japan holiday blues ain't gettin you down, just start plannin for the next one and that will cheer you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, J. :D

    I'd be glad that you had a great time, but from reading this post, well... I'll just say glad you got to go. LOL

    Not much has happened since you've been gone, but I'm sure you probably have a ton of news I have yet discovered, so looking forward to all the rest of your posts this upcoming week... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed five Ayu albums and another marriage and divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all knew yo ass was in Japan. I follow your regular blog too, and saw your post about it there! Welcome back! I'm extremely pressed that you go to go to Japan. I desperately want to vacation there, but it's too damn expensive. I'll probably be old and grey before I can make the trip, which saddens me greatly lmao. You honestly didn't miss much, besides Perfume dropping the summer banger Hurly Burly in full and performing it live. Nelly Floptado released another single as well called parking lots. Brandy released a song called wildest dreams, and it's much better than put it down, and definitely reminiscent of the Brandy we know and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOFL I love how everyone is talking about how he missed JPop related stuff when he was IN JAPAN haha ;D

      Delete
    2. He said himself that all he saw was promo for AKB48 everywhere and that he was behind on music news sooo.... and The only thing I mentioned about Jpop was Perfume, not to mention I Wws the only one who mentioned anything Jpop related.

      Delete
  5. LOL I'm sure there's a shitload of more followers than 3 people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so fuckin jealousssssss OMG... I wanna go to JPN!!! Sounds like you had an amazing time, you should write a blog post about it (a propper one) or something.

    P.S I forgive your Ayu hate, I know it's only because deep down you love her so much :) *waits for her A Nation performances to surface*

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hardly ever comment, but i check your blog like every day. i guess im the represantative 4 follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! I'm glad you had fun & got back safely from Japan! It's a shame your master plan didn't come to fruition, would've been fun to be part of it - maybe next time? Either way I’m looking forward to your next update :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely agree with your AKB48 comments. I was in Japan in April and it was like they have absolutely no other pop stars. Anyway welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to officially welcome you back to reality as well. I knew you were in Japan because I follow you on Twitter, and I personally spent your time away praying to anyone who would listen to put me in your shoes. I could be wrong, but this is your second time in Japan and I have yet to go once. I expect to hear all about your adventures in a new podcast soon because you are the closest thing that I am going to get to a vacation to Japan for the moment.

    Here's to you being back in action like a Power Ranger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. and don't act like you haven't been all over instagram with a pic a day of Japan! I've enjoyed seeing Kyoto & Kamakura and all your dinners with your glasses in the background. :) looking forward to hearing your opinion on GD's new release!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's so much to catch up on! Hope you can get it done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I MISSED YOU!

    I'm glad you returned safely, and had a great time! Did you take pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed