Listen to... Jessie Ware - Say you love me

Jessie Ware - Say you love me | Random J Pop

Jessie has released another track into the wild from her second studio album Tough love and as with the self titled track it's yet another step change for her. Way more pop and folk driven than anything she's done before, which is no doubt the influence of the co-writer of the song, Ed Sheeran whose vocals also appear on the track.

I don't think "Say you love me" will become an instant hit, but it feels like the type of song which will become a slow burning hit and burn it's way into the public conscience through the way of appearances in countless popular US TV drama's, TV commercials and chilled sessions / love songs compilations.

Ever since "Imagine it was us" Jessie has curve balled me with every song she's dropped and she has not disappointed me once. With Devotion, I never would have thought Jessie would ever take to recording songs such as "Imagine it was us", "Tough love" and "Say you love me" as they put her in a place she's openly said she deliberately stayed away from on he debut. But I love she's allowed herself to be pushed into something new. It's great to finally hear her explore her vocals and colour the songs in the way she hinted she could on Devotion, but held herself back from.

Jessie Ware's second studio album Tough love is released in the UK October 6th with a US release slated for October 24th. I can not wait to hear this shit. I'm ready for this woman to give me a short back and sides in the dark of night and leave my hair under my pillow like a some kind of tooth fairy who snatches wigs instead of teeth.

11 comments:

  1. That is definitely "Saturday Night"… the same chords and whatnot! You called it before I could even play the Vine once…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this woman, adore her. Devotion is so perfect I can't listen to one song without listening to the whole album ('What You Won't Do For Love' is all kinds of perfect). I am so hyped for this album tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If MiChi's not careful Kavka Shishido will snatch her wig in the night and replace her."


    You mean to tell me homegirl hasn't already snatched the whole of MiChi's wig collection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She broadcasted some old demos in her recent Radio MadnesS radio show. Some of those tracks need to be released!

    https://soundcloud.com/radio-madness/radio-madness-2014

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to her second album!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm positive shishido kavka replaced this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not really sure how to feel about FKA-twigs. She's certainly interesting and different, but I can't decide if I like what she's trying to do. Musically, she kind of reminds me of Tinashe, but Her abstract visuals remind me of Bjork. I enjoyed the video though, her dancing is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you posted some great, lesser known acts. It's nice to have a break from the usual hoes every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After further investigation, I'm digging her and what she's all about. She definitely seems to be all about the music and her artistic vision.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I listened to her LP1 and I liked it even if I was a bit overwhelmed. The production is so lush, and there's just so much going on that it's hard to take all of it in.

    ReplyDelete

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed