Random Ass Post Vol. 6: Brought to you by no scores

Random ass open post vol. 6 Featuring no score | Random J Pop

So, all 3 of you have been checking this blog out for a minute may have noticed that my last few album reviews do not feature scores. It's really not that deep. I just don't see the point in it anymore.

I know the Internet loves numbers, and sometimes I do too. But in all honesty, when I listen to albums that I know I'm going to review, I'm not even thinking about a score. Often, the score is the hardest thing for me decide on unless an album is absolutely amazing or downright fucking awful. And even then, if it's amazing, is it a 9 or a 10? If it's awful, where does it fall between 1 and 5?

When I look back on old reviews, I agree with my feelings on an album, but occasionally think 'Hmmm, I probably shoulda given it a higher or a lower score'. Removing scores eliminates that feeling for me. Also, my reviews aren't vague. It's clear when you read a review of mine whether I like the album or not, and why I do or I don't. So by the time you get to the end of it, how important is the score?

Y'all can decide what score I woulda given an album if you're that fussed. But I'm not committing to it anymore.

So yep. No more scores.

🤿 Take a dive: Random J Pop album and single reviews

Comments