Music video: Janelle Monáe featuring B.o.B & Lupe Fiasco - Tightrope (Wondamix)


The video looked cheaper than the pins that hold up Janelle's hair, but I really liked it! Janelle was looking sexy in the black. Sex is something Janelle never really sells via the more obvious routes (i.e - looking like a straight haired whore), but she was selling it nicely in this video. She looked stunning.

B.o.B was looking a like a GNN (Gay navy n***a) in that hat, but he made it work! Somebody give this guy a Gaultier contract already!

If you've not checked out Janelle's debut album The ArchAndroid yet, be sure to. It's one of 2010's must own albums. Don't let the blackness of "Tightrope" fool you if you're not into R&B. The album mixes it up real nice, especially in its second half. The Beatles mixed with Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder is the best and worst way I can sum the album up. All you need to know is that you need to listen to it if you haven't already.

Give it a read: The ArchAndroid album review

Comments

  1. I've been seeing this girl EVERYWHERE for the longest time. She STAYS on the blogs I check, I saw her on Letterman, and even when I was at the laundromat, there was a review of her album in Newsweek or something that I read while the dryer ran.

    I finally saw her perform at the BET Awards, unfortunately I had it on mute and lost the remote <.<, but she just had so much energy so I decided to play the video above.

    This remix was alright but the Tightrope video is pretty dope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed