Music video: Mariah Carey - I want to know what love is


Mariah may not have won any awards or major accolades for her Memoirs of an imperfect angel album just yet. But I'mma give her one right now: One of 2009's worst and cheapest looking music videos. The amount Mariah paid to have somebody run a curling iron through her hair and put a couple of rollers in that shit probably cost more than the entire video production. This shit was awful to watch. I cannot believe that a rich bitch like Mariah, and a veteran director like Hype Williams who used to be known for his expensive eye catching music videos came with this elementary bullshit. The special effects were horrendous. The whole video may as well have just shown the green screen behind Mariah, because the computer graphics weren't fooling anybody.

"I want to know what love is" never should have been a single. Somebody at Def Jam is trying to sabotage her shit. Because this same stunt got pulled with E=MC². A lead single that didn't blow up like folk thought it would, and then a rushed out second single that ended up being some slow rubbish with a garbage video.

I'm not even going to hold my breath for "H.A.T.E.U" doing anything for Mariah. It will end up releasing at a point where it's too late to save her album sales and everybody is already over the song.

Comments

  1. I can't even watch this all the way. The amount of cheese hitting me is too much. And I've seen better looking baseball stadiums in MLB '08.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't watch it all the way through neither. I just skipped right to the end. No video would have been better than this crap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed