Perfume show bitches once again why they all need to step their stage and lighting game up

Perfume show you once again why other girl groups' need to step their stage and lighting game up | Random J pop

Anybody who has seen Perfume's live performances will know that they set bars when it comes to visual effects, lightning and 'HOW DA FUCK DID THEY DO THAT!?' Perfume x Technology was a TV special which aired in Japan, taking a retrospective look at the creative talent behind the scenes who help bring Perfume's shows to life.

The documentary is inter-cut with performance from the girls themselves, the most notable and poignant one being "Spending all my time", which brings together all of the technology and creativity at which this documentary is focused on. We've all seen this performance before, but this is the best version of it because it's shot better than the version at Cannes and team Perfume stepped their game up with the lighting so you can see the tricks with the dresses and how tight A-chan's Vogue game is. There is also a new section in there which features projection mapping as the girls are dancing through the chorus, which looks so damn good that it makes me want to put on a Native American headdress and just cry for 4 minutes and a second.


"Spending all my time" performance


At look at Perfume's tours and dome performance pieces


"1mm" and "My color" performances

Whoever chose to let these girls sing sections of "1mm" and "My color" live is a brave son-of-a-bitch. They didn't sound as bad as I thought they would, but I don't want this to be a regular thing. I'm fine with my Robohoes miming. I just want them to focus on hitting those marks with the routines. Ain't nobody sitting and watching a Perfume performance for live vocals. Although one has to wonder. No auto tune on tracks, documentaries looking at the work which goes on behind the veil, letting these girls sing live. WHAT IS GOING ON!? Whatever next. A-chan with a dip dye job and Kashiyuka stopping her late night creeps with boyfriends?

EVOLUTION IS HAPPENING!

Perfume's Tokyo dome gigs in December are going to make so many hoes' live sets look like cheap pieces of shit. I can't wait.

I saw dem live: World tour 2nd, London

Comments

  1. I always wonder if they are autotuned or not when listening to tracks now. Hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to tell. Just listen to 'Game' and then listen to 'LEVEL3'. It's like night and day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed