Kylie Minogue to go Country on hoes with her 14th studio album 'Golden'


I have a soft spot for Kylie Minogue. Which is why I was pissed that she dropped the ball with her 2014 album Kiss me once. If truth be told, I've been pissed at Kylie ever since she made the decision to release "All the lovers" as a lead single from her 2010 album Aphrodite instead of the pop perfection that was "Getta outta my way". Kiss me once flopping was karma for her playing her damn self.

2018 is about to be the year of white pop stars celebrating their whiteness.

Kylie has gone on the record to say that she recorded a large bulk of this new album in Nashville. If the promo images from the album and the music video to its lead single "Dancing" are anything to go by, then Golden will smell like a Country weave piece. I mean, Trixie Mattell gave us this tea already with Two birds. But, okay boo.

Kylie Minogue - Golden | Random J Pop

According to Kylie, she's put her heart and soul into this record. Kylie said the same thing about Kiss me once and that whole album was phoned all the way in. So I'mma take anything she says with a pinch of salt and reserve full judgement until I hear the album in full. But Golden marks the second album of Kylie's which features writing credits from her on every track, the first being her 1997 release Impossible princess.

  1. Dancing
  2. Stop me from falling
  3. Golden
  4. A lifetime to repair
  5. Sincerely yours
  6. One last kiss
  7. Live a little
  8. Shelby '68
  9. Radio on
  10. Love
  11. Raining glitter
  12. Music too sad without you

I just need this album to be a bop fest. I'm not trying to hear Kylie get into her feelings over ballads and shit. Give me disco bops and pop bangers that have me dosey-doe and drop into a split. I mean, I can't do the splits. But I'll fuck up a hamstring trying if the beat knocks.

Whilst Kylie has a fiercly loyal fanbase who will flock to buy this album, there doesn't seem to be much buzz outside of it. Kylie will also need to get her SEO team to do the fucking most, because when you Google 'Kylie', every damn search result is about that Kardashian child and her baby.

Ms. Minogue. You best get it all the way together.

Golden will be released on April 6, 2018.

Comments