Mariah delivers one of the best performances of her damn career at the American music awards

Mariah delivers one of the best performances of her damn career at the American music awards | Random J Pop

When I heard Mariah was performing at the American music awards, I said to myself 'Woah, Lawd...'. Because Mariah's vocals are like MTA trains. Maybe that shit will turn up. Maybe it won't. And she's generally not an artist synonymous with great stage performances. In both instances Mariah has become a bit of a laughing stock, to the point where I'm genuinely surprised when her shit isn't a train wreck. Though of course, my shady ass lives for the train wrecks.

But it seems that the skinny songbird blew that whistle and had a new team rescue a bitch from floating adrift on a piece of wood, because her American music award performance was quite possibly one of Mariah Carey's best live stage performances to date. It seems she's really out here turning over a new leaf.


Her vocals sounded like they were a mix of live and pre-recorded, which I'm not gonna chastise her for. At this point, I'd rather Miming Mimi just lip synced when she needs to, rather than give messy live vocals that would give Ms. Patricia a stomach ulcer and have the sunflowers wilt on Alfred Roy's grave. You're talking to a guy who checks for a J-Pop group who never sing live and Beyoncé. That bitch mimes. Don't start with me.

But what really sold this performance was the stage setup and the production, which was some of the best I've seen from Mariah to date. It was also gay as fuck and I wouldn't be mad if Mariah guest performed at a Pride parade next year and gave this same performance.

If this is a sign for things to come from Mariah, then 2018 is gonna end right for her and the Lambily.

Comments