MNEK is done with Christmas with "Stopped believing in Santa"

MNEK - Stopped believing in Santa | Random J Pop

MNEK has stopped believing in Santa ya'll. Bitch. Same. I remember the exact day all that shit shattered for me.

MNEK's new single "Stopped believing in Santa" is everything it says on the tin. There is no nice twist or a play on the song title. This is 3 whole minutes and 36 seconds of MNEK singing about how done he is with Christmas and dusty white men.


I do love me a Christmas song. You would never think I'm festive. I look miserable 95% of the time, I love wearing all black and with each passing year, I send less and less Christmas cards and buy less presents for people. That's mainly out of a combination of laziness and not wanting to stress over that whole mess. If I can't think of something to get somebody, they don't get anything. I'm not the one for buying gifts just to buy gifts for Christmas' sake. I'm not wasting my money on foolishness that I know somebody is gonna fake appreciate and then throw away or drop into a donation bin. Fuck that shit.

But I'm still festive ya'll. 'Though with that said, I do like me an anti-Christmas song or Christmas songs that sound a bit melancholy. I like the contrast because it's true to life. Christmas isn't all wonder and cheer, even though we try to make it such. And it's just as easy to understand why some people would hate Christmas as it is to get why people love it.

MNEK's anti-Christmas offering is nice take on a Christmas song, sounding like it's been plucked from an R&B Christmas album from the late 90s or early 00's. It's not hard to imagine the likes of Jagged edge or Dru Hill singing this. And if we throw it even further back, I could so hear Tevin Campbell on this. I know his bussy tingled the second MNEK dropped this.

Comments