Perfume perform an oldie on their Future pop tour...AND SING LIVE!

Perfume perform an oldie on their Future pop tour...AND SING LIVE! | Random J Pop

I've got a lot to say about Perfume's Future pop tour. Whether I'll get around to saying all I need to say, I do not know. Ya'll know what I be like with these posts half the time. Maybe by 2020 I'll post what I think about that tour.

Generally, there were very few moments on the Future pop tour that really got me excited, because there were very few surprises. We'd seen the whole "Future pop" routine back when the album first dropped. We saw them perform "Fusion" twice, the second time of which was the setup they re-used for their tour. We'd seen them Perfume "Tenkuu" during their P.T.A. hossoku 10-shuunen!! to 5-shuunen!! gig. Perfume still hit every damn mark and did the damn thing with the routines, but nothing about the tour felt very new. And the lighting was fucking terrible. But, anyway. I'm going off topic.

The point is, that despite the tour being quite underwhelming as a whole, there was A MOMENT. And that was when Perfume performed "Butterfly". I thought every song on Game was dead to Perfume except "Polyrhythm" and "Chocolate disco". So I was shocked to say the least that they performed it. But there's more. They sang part of it live. Somebody actually turned on Kashiyuka and Nocchi's microphones and let them sing live.

I was living. I was dying. I was choking. I had to order myself a casket from Amazon.


I'm not saying don't bother watching the Future pop show. But this was high key the best part of it, for the sheer audacity for Perfume to try and harmonise live and then for them to repossess my wig with a performance of "Butterfly". Shout outs to Perfume's graphics team. Because that backdrop was everything. It did an amazing job of merging the vibe and aesthetic of Game with that of Future pop.

The fact that "Butterfly" still slaps and sounds better than everything on Future pop...

Comments