Music video: Billie Eilish plays the "Bad guy"

Music video: Billie Eilish is the "Bad guy" | Random J Pop

Billie Eilish has dropped her long awaited debut album When we all fall asleep, where do we go? and we get a fun Dave Meyers visual to the album cut "Bad guy" to go along with it. When I listened to Billie's album, I heard this song and immediately filed in under 'Bop' and was ready to consign it to being the best song on the album, even though it's only the second track on it. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that the song had a video.


"Bad girl" is one of the most commercial sounding songs that Billie has done. It's a great entry point into her music for those not familiar with it, as it does a great job of easing you into Billie's sound, which for the most part isn't this upbeat or poppy. It actually reminds me of P!nk from her Missundaztood days.

Billie Eilish is a weird one. Quite literally. She seems like an oddball, which I'm all for. But the way I came across Billie is a weird one and shows how nowadays just doing music isn't enough.

Billie wasn't put to me music first, but fashion first. I follow Hypebeast, Complex and Takashi Murakami on Instagram, all of whom at some point have featured posts on Billie because of her style, which is very much of the baggy sweatshirts, baggy sweatpants, crazy prints, colours, Supreme, Louis, Gucci, exclusive Off white type shit that those folk all live for. And then because the Internet be alive, me 'engaging' with those posts had YouTube recommend me a video of hers which was an interview. All this time I had no idea she even did music, because the Instagram posts only focused on what she was wearing or who she was with (Murakami) and the YouTube interview was one of those random interviews where celebs are asked stupid ass questions like 'What is your favourite emoji?' and 'Who is the most famous person in your phone?'. It wasn't until I searched her name in YouTube that I saw a bitch had music videos, did music and put a song out with Khalid. I swear that dude be doing somes with fucking EVERYBODY.

Comments