Jasmine gives us Japanese Mary J. Blige on a budget with "Cocorozashi"

Jasmine gives us Japanese Mary J. Blige on a budget with "Cocorozashi" | Random J Pop

Jasmine hasn't put out an original studio album since 2013, which charted at number 23 on the ORICON. At the tail end of the same year she'd released a physical single which charted at number 64. Needless to say, her music career hasn't been poppin'. And with her comeback digital single "Cocorozashi", I can't see her luck changing.

Po' thang.


I actually like the video. It gives me PlayStation 1 opening cinematic vibes. Don't ask why. It just does. At least it has some creative flair to offset the lack of budget. But the song is flat like knock-off Pepsi. The song gives off the impression that it's about to build into something and go the fuck off, but it doesn't. There is no pay off in the song at all, and it certainly doesn't go hard enough for Nasty Men$ah to have brought in a dancer to try and go H.A.M to and give her a whole setup to herself.

For the hook of this song to be talking about burn up, for this to not even be remotely hot. And I always fix my face whenever I see AK-69. I'm still bitter for how he interrupted hotness on Crystal Kay's "#Heartmelt". I will never forgive.

I'mma just stop having hopes for J-R&B bitches.

Comments