Tove Lo ropes in Kylie Minogue for her bitter bitch bop "Really don't like U"

Tove Lo ropes in Kylie Minogue for her bitter bitch bop "Really don't like U" | Random J Pop

I watched Tove Lo's Lollapalooza performance earlier this morning and she whipped her titties out on stage. That level of confidence!? Gurl.

Anyway.

Tove's 4th studio album Sunshine kitty is on its way and two of its singles has had a guest feature. But the latest may be one of the biggest draws, as it's none other than the pint sized Australian pop star Kylie Minogue. Kylie has done collab'd with other artists before but is rather sparing with when she does so. So this is a nice surprise and also a collab I don't think anybody expected.


I've had this on repeat for the past few days. The beat and the vibe is killer, and is what keeps me playing it. But even so, I do wish more was done with the song as a whole. More of a build during the bridge. A bit more in the way of vocal production. A sense of progression across the song, as it's very flat. This shit still makes me bounce, but I just want it to make me put on a stank face too, and currently it doesn't quite do that.

Tove Lo is known for her quirky songwriting and frank subject matters. So her putting out a song about how she don't like a bitch because she turned up to a party looking better than her with her ex is on brand. And as with all Tove's songs, shit is very real.

Kylie being on this track is nice, but she adds nothing to it but her name. This shit could have just been Tove Lo or just Kylie, and I would have liked it no less or no better. I always find it weird when songs have guest features and the artist doesn't make the most of them. Kylie not singing the second pre-chorus and there not being more of a back and forth between her and Tove was kinda disappointing..

This type of vibe and sound feels pretty right for Kylie, and if she were to release new material, this is kinda how I'd like it to sound. It feels like something she's already done and it more of the vibe they shoulda gone with for Kiss me once.

Tove Lo's 4th studio album Sunshine kitty is due on September 20th.

Comments