Random Ass Post Vol. 1: Brought to you by Mariah Carey and the new year

Random ass post: Happy New Year y'all | Random J Pop

I'm trash. So of course I would rock up on January 11th to wish y'all a Happy new year. We love consistency.

It's become such a cliché to say 'I can't believe it's [insert year here]' because it just holds no weight anymore. At least not for me. Madonna says 'time goes by so slowly', but bitch. It feels like ever since 2010 hit time has just flown by, and it's like 'Oh, here we go again' when January 1st hits.

So. Here we are again.

2020 is going to be a testing year for many of us because of how politics are going to shape it. The world is on literal fire and everything is being dragged to hell. Which is why it's so important now more than ever to do what we can to change the world for the better. This sounds wild, I know. And no, I'm not drunk or high.

I mean starting with ourselves.

I've been reflecting a lot on the past decade. And the one thing that really struck me was that nothing I was ever doing was for my own well-being. I was doing things that fell in accordance to what others expected of me. What society deemed. What 'the culture' dictated I should be doing. And bitch, for what?!

I'm tired y'all. All I'm trying to do this year is mary-j-blige_be-happy.mp3.

That was just a really long winded way of saying that you should take care of yourself, go easy on yourself and HAPPY NEW YEAR SKANKS.

I'll try to post more regular than I have been.

📯 Also, on a weekly basis I'll be giving y'all random posts on random shit. Yep. More random than usual. Comments on these posts will be open, so you can talk about / ask me miscellaneous shit; as I've noticed that some of y'all be on Mariah Carey posts talking about J-drama's and on Perfume posts talking about Crystal Kay. Mess.

Comments