Jin Akanishi is releasing a Best album and we are FINALLY getting "Wonder" featuring Crystal Kay. Maybe.

Jin Akanishi is releasing a Best album and we are FINALLY getting "Wonder" featuring Crystal Kay. Maybe. | Random J Pop

Jin Akanishi is releasing a Best album this month. His first, despite being in the music business for so long and having released albums post KAT-TUN since 2011. Only in the world of J-Pop can this be considered strange.

Interestingly, this Best album features a couple of songs which he had recorded when he was signed to J-One records, which is the Johnny & Associates label. I have no idea whose soul he had to sell to be able to include these songs, but thoughts and prayers to whomever was sacrificed. Because I know somebody was.


I'm not going to make out like I'm a fan of Meisa Kuroki's husband. I listen to Meisa's music more than I do his. This post is really all about the fact that we are finally getting an official release of "Wonder", a song that Mr. Kuroki had recorded with Crystal Kay 10 damn years ago. Shit had a video shot for it and everything, but neither were ever released officially.

At time of writing I'm not 100% sure if this version will feature Crystal Kay, as she isn't credited as a featured artist on any of the tracklistings that I've seen. But we can hope.

If you've not heard the song yet, you can listen to the rip that everybody has had to make do with for the past decade here.

Comments