Music video: Zara Larsson social distances in "Love Me Land"

Music video: Zara Larsson social distances in "Love Me Land" | Random J Pop

Now, here's my thing with Zara Larsson. She has the look, a good enough voice and can hold a routine. But there's nothing really distinct about her music or her as an artist. She looks like the dime a dozen white girls out right now doing Pop and R&B leaning Pop music and she sounds like them too. Homegirl sharing a name with a clothing retailer who releases runway knock-offs is all too fitting.

I'd not liked any of the music she'd put out on the run up to her first album, because it was all so basic and generic. I just felt like her team were shooting in the dark to try and find something that sticks. "All The Time" eventually came along, which was good, even if I did think it was Little Mix when I first heard it. (Don't get me started on those girls).

But Zara Larsson may be onto something with her latest song and video "Love Me Land", because this shit is really, really good.


This right here is the type of song and visual that Zara been needing. IMPACT bitch. This has it. "Love Me Land" shouldn't work as a Pop song because it doesn't even have a proper chorus and the song has build with zero payoff, but it just works for me. And Zara looks great in the video. I had no idea she could move like this. The choreographer behind "Love Me Land" is JaQuel Knight, who is most known for his work with Beyoncé on "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)", "Formation" and Beychella.

Comments