GOT the Beat perform on Mnet a whole month after their debut, and I’m confused

GOT the Beat perform on Mnet a whole month after their debut, and I’m confused | Random J Pop

SM Entertainment are a big ass company who run K-pop. They’ve made enough history and success for some to warrant that their methods need no questioning. But I’m that type of bitch who questions all the things. Especially when things make no sense. And I need SM to tell me what the hell this roll-out is for their super girl-group GOT the Beat. Because I’m really confused.

GOT the Beat’s debut song “Step Back” released about a month ago, but premiered via a performance for SM’s livestreamed gig. There is no music video. And only now do GOT the beat give a televised performance on Mnet. Still no music video. No mini-album. No full length album.

Lee Soo-man. Sweetie. What is this? Why is GOT the Beat getting this raggedy, nonsensical roll-out, versus what you gave SuperM, who got press conferences, US promo, an expensive ass music video and a mini album?

I don’t understand why you would bother putting this group together, if you aren’t going to do anything with or about it. “Step Back” may as well have just been an Aespa song. At least we would’ve gotten a video. The one person I feel for in this setup is BoA. She had her promotional run for Better cut short over that whole non-scandal concerning sleeping medication. Which then had a knock-on effect on the 20th anniversary of her Japanese career, for which we got pretty much nothing. And now she’s back, and it’s as part of a girl group which is having its rollout half-arsed. I thought GOT the Beat would be a lifeline for BoA. But I guess not.

I’d said before that I think the idea and concept of GOT the Beat is great. In fact, it could be genius if SM played it right. But SM just aren’t doing enough with it. In the short time between the group debuting and now, Taeyeon has already released a new song (with a music video), and has an album on the way, and there is already talk of a Red Velvet comeback. So what exactly was the point?



💿 SM album reviews: BoA: Better | Starry Night | Woman | One Shot, Two Shot | Kiss My Lips | Girls' Generation: Holiday Night | I Got a Boy | Red Velvet: Queendom | RBB | Wendy: Like Water | Irene & Seulgi: Monster

Comments