Hiromi’s debut album Rainbow is now available on streaming. But probably not everywhere. Because, Japan.

A photo of Hiromi holding up two CD copies of her album Rainbow.

I’m not entirely sure when it happened, but it happened. Japanese Pop ‘n’ R&B singer / songwriter Hiromi’s debut album Rainbow is finally available on streaming. I’m hesitant to say ‘worldwide’, because every time I’ve said that about a release on streaming in the past, somebody comments from somewhere in the world and says ‘It’s not available here’. So I’ll just say that Rainbow is available in selected countries.

Lemme tell you how I discovered this shit.

I hopped on Instagram and saw that Hiromi was holding an Instagram Live, so I hopped into it. I immediately asked ‘Where is Rainbow?’. And at that same exact moment I chose to Google the album, and one of the first search results for it was on Apple Music. I said out loud ‘OH, OKAY. I bet it ain’t on Spotify though.’ So, I checked Spotify.

The bitch was on Spotify.

I really should have bothered to check the availability of the album that day before fixing my thumbs in a livestream.

So, Hiromi’s debut album Rainbow (a great album by the way, and easily her best) is now available on Spotify and Apple Music. In true Japanese fashion though the availability on streaming is raggedy. Hiromi has two music profiles on Spotify with releases split across them. Not all of her single releases are available, specifically Aisaretai, which means no fire B-side “Stay in Love”. And on Spotify and YouTube Music, Rainbow isn’t even listed as Rainbow.

Hiromi’s ‘Raibow’ | Spotify

Mess.



🔊 Hiromi on streaming: 🟢 Spotify | 🟣 Apple Music | 🔴 YouTube Music
💿 Album review: Honesty | Magic | Rainbow

Comments