MiChi drops a cover of Cyndi Lauper's "True colors"

MiChi drops a cover of Cyndi Lauper's "True colors" | Random J Pop

Those of you who have been Random J Pop readers for a long ass minute will hopefully know of MiChi and that I adore the bitch.

As was the case with Crystal Kay, Sony had a great artists on their roster and paid them dust. MiChi's last album was released in 2013 and since then she's been living in America and studying art. She's not given up on music completely, but it's clearly not as much as a focus for her as it was at one point in time. She has however launched a new website for the purpose of showcasing her passions and interests, which also came with a new song. Well...kinda new. A newly recorded song of an oldie to be specific. That oldie being Cyndi Lauper's "True colors". A song that I honestly can't take once Cyndi starts screaming and hitting me with those emphysemic croaks. So God bless MiChi for giving it to me smooth and acoustic.


Despite MiChi putting music on the back burner somewhat, she isn't shy of her pop career. In fact, she's proud of it and references it often in her Instagram posts. She also has a whole section of her website which features high quality Vimeo uploads of her music videos. (Bitch. Get them YouTube and secure the views). But oddly there are no links to stream any of her music or even purchase it.

When MiChi first headed off to NYC it was literally like her whole pop career didn't exist and she rarely acknowledged it. We'd get pictures of her with a guitar every now and then. But there was nowhere near the amount of spotlight and love she places on it now in comparison. So it makes me wonder what the hell happened back then and what's on the cards for her music in 2019.

Anywho. I'm really hoping this is a sign of things to come. When MiChi posted a video of her singing "Promise" on her guitar, I let her ass know that her debut album Up to you is still my shit and...well....see for yourselves.

MiChi and me being best friends on Instagram | Random J Pop

I'm guessing that she doesn't have a deal and is in no rush to acquire one. Whatever shit went down with Sony scarred a bitch. She started off indie and even when signed to a major label, she still felt indie. Because gurl, those music videos did not look like they were produced on Sony money. So maybe that's the way for her to go. Whatever she decides to do in music, I'll be here for it and I know I'm not the only one.

Check out MiChi's latest website for all of her latest goings-on: michimadness.com

Comments