Music video: Metronomy serve acid trip realness with their video for "Walking in the dark"

Music video: Metronomy serve acid trip realness with their video for "Walking in the dark" | Random J Pop

Metronomy have a brand new album coming out in September and as of late, they have been giving their fans a consecutive roll-out of songs and music videos; each one trippier and whackier than the last. None of which are giving fans any real discernible idea about what the direction of the album will be, other than it's business as usual and Metronomy as fuck, and I'm here for it.

The latest Metronomy single drop is "Walking in the dark". I would love to see the treatment and storyboards for this video, because...


Lead singer of the group Joseph Mount told the group 'So, basically. I'm thinking acid trip' and they just said 'Cool'. They probably aren't phased and don't care at this point. In all honestly, this is probably one of Metronomy's more generic videos, which is saying something.

I'm sitting here in 30°C degree humid ass weather, dying, with my windows wide open with not a lick of breeze as I type this. So seeing Joseph Dad dance in a thick ass rainproof tracksuit and Olugbenga 2-step in a PVC down coat has me sweating and is giving me a migraine.

I also have to mention that I'm here for the gender flipping of ♪ Holla if you need me girl ♪ to ♪ Holla if you need me boy ♪. Metronomy ain't got no time for homophobia.

Metronomy's 6th studio album Metronomy forever will be released on September 13th and will feature the singles "Lately" and "Salted caramel ice cream".

Comments