Music video: M-Flo hit us with the sour ass "Toxic sweet"

M-Flo are back again with the sour ass "Toxic sweet" | Random J Pop

M-Flo are back with a new song and a new music video, and I have to admit, I felt a slight twinge at the sight of Verbal, DJ Taku and Lisa together again. It's nice to see M-Flo give me of the M-Flo that I fell for during their Astromantic days, after what felt like one hell of a detour from Square one onward.


As happy as I am to see M-Flo doin' their thing again, I don't like this song. At all. Whatsoever. Not even a little bit. But, this is a massive step up from what M-Flo have given us over the past 7 years and it's certainly an improvement over their previous release "EKTO".

I know the bar is literally stuck in a layer of rigid mantle and driving its way to the Earth's core, but still. "Toxic sweet" is still a step up. It plays on the same feeling of nostalgia that I get from the music video. Oh, and it's cool to hear DJ Taku spit a verse.

📝 Related Random J-Pop album reviews: M-Flo's Cosmicolor | Verbal's Visionair

Comments