Music video: La Roux is an "International woman of leisure"

La Roux is an "International woman of leisure" | Random J Pop

After releasing Trouble in paradise and then falling off the face of the planet, the Grammy award winning (yep, I forgot they won one too) La Roux is back with a new album due in February and is whetting appetites and pussies with a new song "International woman of leisure".


The falsetto had me like...

I- | Random J Pop

But as my ears got used to it, I started to get into the song and I do like it. I don't think it'll catch on in the same way as "In for the kill" or "Bulletproof", but it's catchy and it's fun. It's nice to see La Roux show this side of herself in a single, as I feel her sound and vibe got pigeon holed with the single selections from her last 2 albums. Even with a song like "Kiss and not tell", which was a brilliantly fun 'n' flirty single, with a video that oddly enough "International woman of leisure" feels like a continuation of, but it just got no promotion. I didn't even know it was a single until recently.

I don't know what Elly Jackson (La Roux y'all) got up to between that last album and now, but she looks happy. She's out here wearing colour 'n' shit, giving us humour, smiles and a bit of dancing. I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing how this colours the upcoming album and tour. Both of which you can read more about here.

Comments