Rina Sawayama drops "Comme des garçons (Like the boys)". Rei Kawakubo's wig found dead.

Rina Sawayama drops "Comme de garçons (Like the boys)". Rei Kawakubo's wig found dead. | Random J Pop

Rina's back with the second single "Comme des garçons (Like the boys)", lifted from her debut album, and Rei Kawakubo's wig is on the floor.


Here's what Rina had to say about the snatchery that is "Comme des garçons (Like the boys)".
When I was writing this song I wanted on one hand to lyrically explore the idea of people having to adopt negative male tropes to appear confident, whilst on the other sonically paying homage to the early 2000s dance tracks that made me feel confident. The idea that the socially acceptable version of confidence is in acting 'like the boys', otherwise as a woman you get called a bitch - but in the club, we reclaim the word 'bitch' as a sign of ultimate confidence ('Yes bitch', 'Work bitch'). I wanted to sit these two together and make a club fashion banger that makes you feeling like THAT bitch whoever you are.
She succeeded. I was feeling every single one of my oats when I first heard this song. Bitch had me like...


I adore this song. I've had it on repeat all day and have been thinking about how much it deserves to be A-listed on radio, be spun in all the clubs and top charts, but probably won't. I hope I'm way off and completely wrong. But we know how it be sometimes.

🔊 Stream "Comme des garçons (Like the boys)": Spotify | Apple Music | YouTube Music | Google Play Music

Comments