JoJo covered Toni Braxton's "Un-break My Heart" and now I'm bald.

JoJo covers Toni Braxton's "Un-break My Heart" and now I'm bald. | Random J Pop

As many artists having been doing during the global lockdown as a result of Miss Corona's Contamination world tour, JoJo's been handling her self-isolation with some singing, that she's graciously shared with her fans on Instagram live.

One song that JoJo sang was Toni Braxton's "Un-break my heart". As is to be expected, she sounded great. It's not necessarily a song you'd think JoJo would sound great on, given that Toni Braxton's voice being so much lower then hers. But as JoJo's gotten older and come to know her voice, she's started to play around in her lower registers and she sounds amazing when she does. JoJo's insane control in her lower registers was something that I got a feel for on a couple of tracks on Mad Love., but it didn't really hit until I heard the re-records of her debut and The High Road, where there were instances of her taking notes much lower than she did when she original recorded the songs.

So to hear JoJo sing a whole song where she gets to spend so much of it in lower registers was a joy.


I threw the instrumental on JoJo's version for fun and posted a clip of it to Twitter and a couple of folk asked for the full thing. So here you go.


If JoJo wants to hop on a proper microphone and send me the mp3 of her vocals so we can get a cleaner version of this, then bitch, I'm down.

I really am gonna need JoJo to consider doing a #LoveJo 3 and make it a full LP. And I would not be mad if she threw her Anita Baker cover on it too. Not enough people got to witness that excellence.

☕ She ready: JoJo announces her new album and tour Good To Know
📝 Reviews: Can't Take That Away From Me | #LoveJo
💿 Special edition: The In-between: An album of unreleased material
🔙 Flashback: Leave (Get out)

Comments