Everglow serve Mortal Kombat and Doctor Strange in "First"

Everglow serve Mortal Kombat and Doctor Strange in "First" | Random J Pop

Okay. So Everglow snatched a wig or two with "La Di Da" last year, and now they're back to try and bag some bundles with a "First". A music video where the ladies serve Mortal Kombat and Doctor Strange, with a song that serves a whole lotta Blackpink.

Yes. I said it.

Drag me if you must. It's the truth and y'all know it.

I do not like this song at all. There is not a single part of it that I think is good. You coulda played this to me without the video, asked me who its by and I woulda probably just said Blackpink. Nothing about this song is really selling Everglow. And I could say 'That's K-Pop for you', but I don't think we can keep using this as an excuse just because it's always how it goes. These groups need to start bringing something a little more distinct to the table. Everglow coulda delivered a song that was Blackpink-like, if that was the goal, whilst still cutting through with something unique to them as a group. But, no. Just Blackpink.

The music video is what is doing all of the heavy lifting here.

As is customary for K-Pop, we get about 6 different concepts and setups, when the video would have actually been better with 2 or 3. That all black setup was FIRE, and it came and went. It's a shame the camera moves are so intense though. I liked it in the beginning, but then it just gave me a headache after a while. It also detracts from the choreography, but maybe that was the point.

Comments