(Kinda) Mashup: Christina Aguilera featuring Bree Runway - Glam (Random J Mix)

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art of my Christina Aguilera x Bree Runway mashup. The cover art of which features a shot of Christina Aguilera in a black sheer body suit. The shot of which was an outtake from her Bionic album shoot.

Once Kylie Minogue was done with her lil’ stint at the Voltaire in Las Vegas, Christina wheeled her tour trunks right into that bitch for her ‘not a residency’. And to the delight of fans, Christina performed a version of the widely adored, shoulda-been-a-single-but-wasn’t Bionic cut “Glam”. And to the delight of Bree Runway, Christina incorporated her shoulda-been-bigger-but-wasn’t song “That Girl” for its intro, which Bree excitedly tweeted out along with a clip of the performance. My mind immediately went to ‘Actually...Bree’s “That Girl” would sound great on “Glam”’, even though when I first watched the clip I didn’t watch it all the way to the end to even hear Christina was performing “Glam”. It wasn’t until later I realised it was the song. So, with that idea in my head, I just went ahead and put them together. Posted a snippet of the mix in reply to Bree’s tweet and then toddled off for a nap.

[Cue Spongebob ‘Two hours later’ card]

I awaken to my mentions being an absolute mess of Christina Aguilera fans retweeting my tweet and quoting my tweet. All because Bree went and-

I was also harassed to released the full version. So, to those of you that did...

“Glam” was originally planned to be the lead single from Christina Aguilera’s 2010 album Bionic. And whilst I don’t think it’s quite lead single material, it would have been a far better choice to lead the album than “Not Myself Tonight”. “Glam” may not have been a guaranteed slam dunk back in 2010. But with the current climate of pop, where all the girls are doing house style songs and cigarette pop; “Glam” would fare well were it re-released today. I see no reason why LGBTXTINA+ couldn’t just re-release it and slap a new verse from Bree on it.

And to repay the favour, Christina could feature on Bree’s “Somebody Like You”. Because if we’re talking Bree and Christina featuring on each others songs, THAT right there is a match. Bree’s record label were some fools for not pushing that song harder.

Comments