Mashup: Megan Thee Stallion x Final Fantasy VII - Body

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art for the Megan Thee Stallion x Final Fantasy VII Random J Mashup. The cover art of which features a shot of Megan Thee Stallion from her “Body” music video, with Tifa stood on the left and the background superimposed with the Midgar skyline.

Back in 2020, for some reason I decided to make a snippet of a mashup of “Body” by Megan Thee Stallion and the battle theme from Final Fantasy VII, which I only recently discovered has the official title “Let the Battles Begin!”.

HENNYWAY.

I made the snippet for some meme type shit, with no intention of making a full version. Maybe I was tired. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe I lacked the motivation. After all, this was in 2020—it was probably all of the above under the umbrella of depression. But every now and then I would think about that snippet and want to make a full version of the mashup. And almost four years later, I finally did it.

Nobuo Uematsu. Sweetie, I’m so sorry. But the spirit of Jenova compelled me.

I have now made three mashups featuring Megan Thee Stallion and each of them features music from videos games. “WAP” had Super Mario Galaxy. “Mamushi” had the Invincibility theme from Super Mario Bros. And now here’s “Body” with the battle music from Final Fantasy VII.

Now that I think of it, I’ve done quite a few mashups featuring Video Game Music. Each of which you can check out below.  


Comments