Jennifer Hudson speaks on her debut album

Jennifer HudsonJennifer Hudson did a short little web interview recently where she spoke on her self-titled debut album. She talks a bit about what to expect from the album, previews a couple of songs and also reveals that she named the album herself. So if you hate that her album is self-titled as much as I do, blame Jennifer. Also take note of how big her her waist in the video in comparison to how it looks on her album cover.

Check it out: Jennifer Hudson - First look!

I'm not looking all that forward to her album to be honest. If it's good, then great - it's another album for me to spin to death. If not, then whatever. I just hope the songwriters and producers come correct. Production on the album comes courtesy of Diane Warren, Jim Beanz, The Neptunes, Tricky Stewart, Stargate and the dreadlocked monster from the black lagoon that is T-Pain. Hopefully the album will tow the line between accessible pop and R&B that "Spotlight" does - because I'm not trying to hear some shit that sounds like a bonus CD from the Dreamgirls soundtrack, complete with 40 minutes of over singing. I'm already dreading what T-Pain has given Jennifer. "Kiss kiss", "Migrate" and "Hot as ice" were bangin' songs - but Jennifer would not be able to ride such songs as Chris Brown, Mariah and Britney did.

Jennifer's debut will be released on September 30, 2008.

Comments

  1. lmao at dreadlock monster from the black lagoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jennifer and everything, but she was not looking good sitting in that chair. Her arms...oooh I should stop! Ok...

    I'm pretty pumped to hear what the album will sound like, and I'm excited to hear that Timbo song "Pocketbook"! I wanna see what he can do for Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed