Music video: Annie - Back together


A piss take of 90's UK Saturday morning chart programs, followed by a 90's music video piss take to a killer 90's pop jam recorded in 2013. YES ANNIE!

Annie has been crafting pop gems with pop connoisseurs Xenomania and Richard X for years, with the later producing "Back together" and the entirety of her latest EP The A&R EP. Whenever I listen to Xenomania's stuff now, I just hear lazy recycles of Girls aloud songs, so I'm glad that she decided to just work with Richard X. Ever since his epic mash-up of Adina Howard's "Freak like me" and Tubeway army's "Are friends' electric?" for the Sugababes, I've dug everything he's been involved with. But his stuff is always so under ground because he is so notoriously selective with who he works with and what he puts out. It also doesn't help that he seems to often work with underselling flops.

As is the life story of many of Sweden and Norway's most promising acts, Annie has been grafting and putting out Pop gems for quite some time but is yet to have that big commercial hit. "Back together" has had zero impact on any chart anywhere, but I won't hold that against her when the song is so good and the video is such an endearing cheap mess.

Comments

  1. Looks like that chick from NCIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a pretty addictive song! I'm glad you posted this! I really love all these artists bringing back the late 80s/early 90s! The beat just owns me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Late Night Alumni but more 90s. I don't know if she's serious with this video or just joking around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Chewing Gum" was my cut... I thought she fell off after that.. "Heartbeat" was cute too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed