Music video: HyunA returns with her fragrant punani anthem "Flower shower"

Music video: HyunA returns with her fragrant punani anthem "Flower shower"

After getting caught in controversy for the mere act of dating and then being booted from her management agency / label Cube entertainment, ex 4 minute member HyunA signed with P (owned by PSY of "Gangnam Style" fame) and has made her comeback with "Flower shower".

I haven't yet looked up the lyrics to this song, because I'd quite like to stay in-denial that "Flower shower" is about fragrant punani and botanical bussy.


I was never really into 4 minute, but it was clear HyunA was the baddest bitch in that whole group, and that she had that something that you can't train somebody to have. Of course, she inevitably went solo, but I can't think of a single song of hers that I liked. So I filed a bitch under 'Girls with talent that their music isn't reflective of' and she gon' stay there, because "Flower shower" isn't doing a damn thing for me. It's a weak song, but HyunA looks great in the video. Even if I feel it's a concept that maybe Sunmi would have owned better, because I know she would have given us a better song to match it. But it's just nice to HyunA give us something other than that K-ratchetness that I was tired of.

But good on HyunA for being resilient and still being in the game. To go from dropping out of the Wonder Girls, to 4 minute, to having her solo career be derailed for dating and then have South Korea come for her over hot pants to STILL being here is something. Especially in light of knowing what a pressure cooker the K-Pop industry can be and the unfortunate ways in which some deal with managing it.

Comments