The Queen of ASMR Janet Jackson announces a new tour and album titled 'Black Diamond'

The Queen of ASMR Janet Jackson announces a new tour and album titled 'Black Diamond' | Random J Pop

Miss Jackson ('cos I'm hella nasty) shook the fanbase by announcing a new tour and with it, a brand new album - both titled Black Diamond.

Lil' Whisper has not finished recording her ASMR album as far as I know, but she has recorded some new material, as it's front and centre on the tour poster that the show will feature new songs. So this may be a case of Janet using the tour to get a feel for which new songs click with audiences to determine single choices and shape the album itself, which is a smart move.

I'm less enthused about the tour and the album itself, and more psyched to see that Janet is bothering to give us anything at all. Janet Jackson has long been in my 'List of artists who never need to release another album again'. I play Control, Rhythm Nation 1814 and The Velvet rope with regularity. "Throb" from Janet. gets played all the time in this here household, and cherry picks from Janet Jackson, All For You, Damita Jo, 20 Y.O and Discipline can be found throughout many of my iPod playlists. Janet has already given me everything I need and more. Anything else is just New game+.

Janet broke the announcement with the following on the tour and album title.
Black Diamonds are the toughest of all the diamonds, the hardest to cut. I see that as the hardest to hurt or destroy. There is a lot that I have endured. I see myself as a Black Diamond in its purest form. I’m a rock, I have ruff edges but I keep moving forward. I want to show you my strength as well as give you strength.
Aside from showing her resilience and endurance, I really hope that Janet is able to shine and make everybody see not only why she's still here, but why all these other girls even be here in the first place and that Pop wouldn't be what it is without her.

It's a shame what happened with Janet after the Super Bowl incident and the way in which her star dimmed greatly from then on. Janet Jackson has contributed so much to the world of Pop and continues to influence new girls coming up now - even if they themselves don't realise nor acknowledge it. Many of the artists these new girls follow were the ones who were of the generation that wanted to be a Pop star because of Janet. Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and Ciara to name a few.

Janet Jackson is part of the fabric of Pop, the Black queer community and Black music history. But that all got smothered and relegated when her right titty made a guest appearance at the Super Bowl.

It'd be great to see Janet get her return to glory moment in this point in her career, just as Mariah has over the past few years - where she finally gets her flowers and people begin to really that Janet BEEN exceptional, and has a list of records and achievements that no regular Pop star can touch.

📝 Album review: Discipline
🔊 Janet Jackson playlist: This is Miss Jackson

Comments