The NieR: Automata soundtrack is now on streaming. Right where it's supposed 2B.

The NieR: Automata soundtrack is now on streaming. Right where its supposed 2B. | Random J Pop

In news that sure to please NieR: Automata fans who loved the soundtrack, but didn't wanna spend £30 on it and were sick of playing the damn thing from YouTube, it is now available on streaming.

Some of you may be reading this and thinking 'Bitch, it's been available to me for AGES'. But I only noticed it on Spotify recently and I know it hasn't always been available (I was checking regularly). But it seems it was snuck onto streaming platforms globally in January.

NieR: Automata was a breakout success when it released in 2017, garnering critical acclaim for its gameplay, its story and its soundtrack. It's since gone on to win various awards throughout 2017 and 2018 (three of which were for its soundtrack) and the widespread love shown to the game even paved the way for a Nier: Orchestra world tour - the tickets to which sold out in mere minutes.

The NieR series always had its share of fans but never saw any commercial success, which is what makes NieR: Automata's success so remarkable. Of course, NieR publishers Square Enix are capitalising on this with a re-release of an older NieR game, NieR RepliCant.

I tried to get into NieR, but wasn't a fan. I'm not a fan of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta style games in general (says the guy who bought Bayonetta 1 and 2). So I was never going to love it like that. But 2B's character design was undeniably iconic (giving me Ringo Shiina "Netsuai Hakkakuchū" vibes) and I fell for the soundtrack in a big way.

⚙️ Listen to the NieR: Automata soundtracks: Spotify | Apple Music
🎮 Random J Playlists: Video Game Music | Video Game Music: Easy Listening

Comments