New JoJo is upon us, with the release of "Creature of Habit"

New JoJo is upon us, with the release of "Creature of Habit" | Random J Pop

JoJo ain't letting up for shit. She literally JUST celebrated the one year anniversary of Good to Know with a livestreamed gig, and now she's onto the next one. It makes complete sense that JoJo would dive into recording new material in light of her cancelling her tour. Shaping a new album will give her more material to perform when she's finally able to hit the road. And that's not to mention all of the lost time between The High Road and Mad Love that she's gotta make up for.


I wanna like this "Creature of Habit" more than I do. And I'm not entirely sure what's stopping me, although I think it might be the lyrics. JoJo seems stuck in this place of writing songs about being...well...stuck. But the problem is that they're starting to meld. "Creature of Habit" sounds like it's pulling on some of the same threads that made up Good To Know. And whilst I'm not in love with "Creature of Habit", Good To Know needed more songs like it. Whilst I'm not fawning over this song, I do like it and it certainly has radio appeal. If only the chorus were a little bigger and there was more of a build and a climax.

"American Mood" released on the hush. Shit, I didn't even post on the damn song. But it was a really good song that I actually prefer to "Creature of Habit". JoJo looks great in the video though. The song doesn't feel like this brand new ushering in of a new phase or 'era', but her new hair does. She looks great with a shorter do.

I know it's what JoJo seems to be avoiding, but with her now clearly having all of her shit back on track and really going full hog with this music thing, I'd genuinely like to hear JoJo team up with a couple of well-known producers in R&B. If Pharrell's sound wasn't such an inconsistent mess, I'd be here for her and Pharrell cooking up something. And after what an amazing job D'Mile did on Victoria Monรฉt's Jaguar and now being a Grammy award winner for his work on H.E.R's song for Judas and the Black Messiah, I'd be here for some JoJo and D'Mile too. And will the JoJo, Jermaine Dupri and Bryan Michael-Cox joints ever see the light of day!?

๐Ÿ’ฟ Album reviews: Good To Know | Good To Know (Acoustic) | December Baby
๐Ÿ’ฝ Mixtape reviews: #LoveJo | Can't Take That Away From Me

Comments