Beyoncé steals Elsa’s horse for her Renaissance album cover

Beyoncé steals Elsa’s horse for her Renaissance album cover | Random J Pop

When Beyoncé announced her album Renaissance, and all we got was that black album cover, I said ‘Lawd, not another Beyoncé album which doesn't feature her face on the cover’. Even though her web shop stated that the official cover was yet to be revealed, I still figured we might not get her face on it. But now the cover has been revealed. And not only is Beyoncé on it, but she’s showing a whole lotta body. And if Beyoncé is using visuals to let us in on what this album could end up sounding like, then we may also be getting an insight of what to expect musically.

The album cover for Beyoncé’s 7th studio album, Renaissance album cover | Random J Pop
Beyoncé | Renaissance

I guess song writing credits aren’t the only thing Beyoncé is stealing. Because by the looks of things, she done killed Elsa and stole her Frozen 2 horse. She was not here for that white girl becoming the leader of indigenous people, and I am not mad at that. That shit irked me too.

When Beyoncé did her British Vogue shoot for the July 2022 issue, I felt that the styling was very intentional; potentially giving us clues as to what to expect from her upcoming album. The accompanying article, written by the British Vogue editor-in-chief Edward Enninful did mention the sound of the album, as Beyoncé actually let him listen to it. But what he had to say about it was, of course, vague.

I felt and still feel that the shoot was telling us what the album would be like. And now that we’ve gotten the album cover, I still feel that this is the case. It’s no coincidence that Beyoncé’s British Vogue cover featured her on a horse, and that the shoot included Beyoncé posing with disco balls; giving Studio 54 and Club Kid. Just for her album cover to feature her on a mirror ball horse. It’s clever. Beyoncé is a Houston girl, so of course we get a horse. But the use of a horse here is used it a very disco-ey context - channelling Studio 54 by way of referencing the infamous moment of Bianca Jagger riding a horse in Studio 54. Word has been abound online that Renaissance will focus on club and country music, which the album cover quite literally gives.

We won’t know shit for sure until the album releases on July 29th, or Beyoncé herself says exactly what the sound of the album will be. All Beyoncé has given us is this caption on her Instagram post of the album. You always know Beyoncé means shit when she gives us a caption.

Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world. It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving. My intention was to create a safe place, a place without judgment. A place to be free of perfectionism and overthinking. A place to scream, release, feel freedom. It was a beautiful journey of exploration. I hope you find joy in this music. I hope it inspires you to release the wiggle. Ha! And to feel as unique, strong, and sexy as you are.

It would be a shame if the imagery wasn’t telling us what to expect, as it all seems to fit so nicely and seems wholly cohesive - something Beyoncé has been big on with her last few projects.

Everybody is also wondering what the deal is with the “Break My Soul” music video, if there will even be one, and what the Act i refers to. We are definitely getting a music video for “Break My Soul”. I’m purely basing this on the fact that Videyoncé lives for a music video. She wouldn’t not shoot one. Especially for a song like “Break My Soul”. Also, Beyoncé was never going to drop everything all at once forever. I think phasing the release of a single, a music video and an album is smart. The release of the music video will have the Internet talking about “Break My Soul“ all over again. Especially if Beyoncé gives what fans are hoping that she will, and she vogues down in the bitch.

“Break My Soul” is also doing well commercially in both the US and the UK, being one of Beyoncé’s first singles in a LONG while to do so. With the music video still in her back pocket, the release of it would definitely help it chart even higher, and potentially have the song go to number 1. Chances are that Beyoncé will release the music video closer to the album release; this would reignite interest outside of the Beyhive in “Break My Soul”, which would also increase the chances of the song and album both going into the top 10 at the same time.

As for the acts, I initially thought that maybe Act I is the music and Act II is the visual component, and I still think this could be the case. Or perhaps Act I is the music AND the visual component, and Act II is a tour. As I also said, the fan theory of there being more than one album is plausible, only because Extrayoncé lives for excess. But the more I think about it, the more I don’t think we’re getting two albums. Could you imagine if an upcoming Act was nothing by an Ivy Park drop? I’d laugh.



🎧 Beyoncé Playlist: Beyoncé’s ballads
💿 Beyoncé album & single reviews: Break My Soul | The Lion King: The Gift | Lemonade | Beyoncé | B’Day | 4 | I Am... Sasha Fierce

Comments