FAKY release the Kumi Koda penned "New age"


FAKY have dropped the third song in their Girls power trilogy, "New age". A song which was co-written by Kumi Koda.

I'm not sure whether "New age" was written specifically for FAKY or if it was a song Kumi Koda had intended for herself that she decided to pass on, but it's not hard to imagine on her on it. I knew that Kumi Koda had co-written "New age" before I'd even heard the song, so it was hard to disassociate her from it and not immediately hear her on it once I did listen to it.

It's quite interesting (really not that interesting at all) that close after the release of Re(CORD) we get a self cover of a song featuring a member of EXILE and a new song from FAKY which mentions Kumi Koda wrote it in all of its press releases.


Kumi Koda writing this song is fitting, because I feel similarly about FAKY's sound as I do Kumi's, which is that it's indistinct and 'anybody'. 6 years ago when FAKY first came onto the scene they had a very anybody vibe about them, but it was their first go-around and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I figured that as time would go on they would settle into a look and a sound. They've definitely settled into a look, but their sound is still so generic.

Comments