Justice for Mariah Carey's "Christmas time is in the air again"

Justice for Mariah Carey's "Christmas time is in the air again" | Random J Pop

"All I want for Christmas is you" is a great song. Whether you like that shit or not, or if it annoys you to no end. You cannot sit there and deny that it is a well written and produced song. The greatness of "All I want for Christmas is you" is in its instant familiarity and longevity, which has not only made it go down in history because of its breaking of records and enduring success, but because it is now considered a traditional Holiday song around the world. A remarkable feat for an original Christmas song and an artist who I still don't think gets the credit she deserves.

But there is another original Christams song which Mariah had released. And that song is "Christmas time is in the air again". I wrote a whole fucking piece on how much I adore this song and how it deserved at least a fraction of the love and success of "All I want for Christmas is you", so I won't go into it all again. In short, this is just a fantastic song and one which I play every Christmas*.

And seeing as Mariah is so 'FaBuLoUs FoR a tHrOwBaCk', old is new, and Mariah is serving us content for old shit; I figured I'd contribute to the Queen of Christmas' campaign. So I knocked together a video for "Christmas time is in the air again". Because giving this masterpiece a damn lyric video and nothing more was just a form of disrespect that I cannot-


I need to see #JusticeForChristmasTimeIsInTheAirAgain. I don't know the logistics and legalities of what Mariah could do to promote it or push the song, given that it was originally recorded when she was at Def Jam / Island records. But "Christmas time is in the air again" features on the 25th anniversary edition of Merry Christmas, so maybe it's nothing. Maybe Mariah can just do what the fuck she likes, because she's Mariah Carey.

Regardless. Next Christmas, I'mma need to see "Christmas time is in the air again" get the push it deserves.

* As early as September.

🔊 Mariah Carey playlists: Mariah featuring... | Merry Christmas, from Mariah
🎛️ A...type of remix: Sonic the hedgehog x Mariah Carey

Comments