Mashup: Lady Gaga x Donkey Kong Country 2 - So Happy I Could Die

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art of my Lady Gaga x Donkey Kong Country mashup. The cover art of which features a black and white shot of Lady Gaga from The Fame Monster album shoot.

I have no idea how, nor why. But here I am, sharing with you a mashup which consists of Lady Gaga's "So Happy I Could Die" and "Stickerbush Symphony" from Donkey Kong Country 2.

This isn't such a wild thing to those who haunt this blog on a regular, given that this is my third mashup of a pop star and a piece of music from a videogame.


During their SNES and N64 heyday, videogame developers Rareware not only had an amazing run of games, but soundtracks too. The one thing you always knew you'd get with a Rareware game was a good ass soundtrack. Killer Instinct, all of the Donkey Kong Country games, Goldeneye, Blast Corps. - all had bops 'n' bangers.

Seriously. Videogame soundtracks in the late 90s really were something.

🎛️ Other mashups: Britney Spears x Tekken | Mariah Carey x Sonic the Hedgehog

Comments