Mashup: Britney Spears x Tekken 2 - 3

A pile of colourful floppy discs. With one pink disc with a label on it, which features the cover art of the Britney Spears x Tekken 2 mashup. The cover art of which features a shot of Britney from her 2009 Candie’s camapign.

To commemorate the release of the Tekken soundtracks to streaming services (kinda) I did a mashup of a piece of music from the Tekken 2 soundtrack and Britney Spears' threesome bop "3".

Well, I say that I did it to commemorate the release of the Tekken soundtracks. But the idea came to me and just happened to coincide with the release. But I'll let Tekken have it, as I probably wouldn't have ever done this if I wasn't listening to the Tekken 2 soundtrack on repeat and having it fresh in my mind.

I honestly forgot how good the Tekken 2 soundtrack was and the same goes for Britney's "3".

Tekken's Jackie Chan-a-like Lei Wulong got fire themes back-to-back in Tekken 2 and 3. I still couldn't use him though. Every move I did wound up with him playing dead.


On a slightly different note, but still related, because Tekken; I need Namco to release a Tekken anthology or suttin' for the Switch. If they could go to the effort of squeezing a Tekken game on the GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS and the 3DS, then they can port some shit over to the Switch. And we want the PlayStation versions with the extra characters, intros, endings and remixed soundtracks too.

Because of size limitations of Switch cartridges, there's no way Namco would be able to put every Tekken game in one release. So, they'd probably need to split them. Or they could be selective. Tekken 2, 3 and 5 are the only essential Tekken's as far as I'm concerned, so I'd be fine with just those. Maybe Tag 2 as well. I guess. Or they could pull a Resident evil and just release each one separately at full retail price. How many times has Resident evil 4 been released now? I've lost count.

Do it Namco. You know it makes sense.

*Pussy pops in the kitchen* ♪ 1, 2, 3. Nina, Paul, Heihachi ♪

Comments