Fujii Kaze releases his final single off of Love All Serve All, “Matsuri”

Fujii Kaze releases his final single off of Love All Serve All, “Matsuri” | Random J Pop

Kaze Fujii has squeezed in one more digital single and music video before the release of his second studio album Love All Serve All, which releases on March 23rd. Of all the singles we’ve gotten from onward, “Matsuri” is the one which feels like it is the banner song for the album, both in terms of its sound and its look. An easy breezy sound that knocks, and noticeable eye makeup, which is nowhere near as drastic and as visible on the Love All Serve All album cover, but still noticeable.

So I guess “Matsuri” wants a spot on my Summer jams playlist. I could definitely see myself cycling in the sun in a crop top to this. If I could ride a bike and my issues with my body didn’t kick my ass into never wearing a crop top outside.

I don’t know why Hikaru Utada popped into my head during the latter half of “Matsuri”, but they did. I could just hear Hikaru sitting so nicely on this song. And now I could really go for a remix which features a verse from them.

Fujii Kaze releases his final single off of Love All Serve All, “Matsuri“ | Random J Pop
Fujii Kaze - Matsuri | Directed by Mess

All of Kaze’s music videos feels like great representations of who Kaze is, and “Matsuri” feels no different. But the general vibe of this song and video make “Matsuri” a perfect introductory choice to put somebody onto Kaze. The song is great. The music video is great. Kaze’s personality and charm is in abundance.

From pretty early on Fujii Kaze had pretty clear and concise creative direction in terms of his looks and his music videos. He and his team carved out a very specific space in which to exist, and it has been great to see Kaze grow within that in such a short space of time. He looks every bit a star in “Matsuri” and it’s like he’s finally accepted that it is who is now, but without compromising on anything.

Fuck it up Kaze. Fuck. It. Up.



🎤 Performances: “Me-Eh-Yo” on the Help Ever Arena Tour | “Free” Live 2021
💿 Reviews: Help Ever Hurt Never | Help Ever Hurt Cover

Comments